Welcome to RaceSimulatorItaly - Click to register
Discord

[rF2] GT3 World Cup - S1 - Race Direction

krusti
Amministratore
NickName Steam: Krusti

Re: [rF2] GT3 World Cup - S1 - Race Direction

Post by krusti » 19/02/2019, 19:05

Just forgot to post the 2 warnings for chat, post edited.
Nice guys finish last

krusti
Amministratore

Post by krusti » 04/03/2019, 21:53

Round 9 Adelaide

Track limits violations - Quali

S. Guerrieri - TS 898 - Cut in the best lap
A. Sancho - TS 1136 - Cut in the best lap

1 Warning for both only because these fastest laps didn't allow them to gain positions, otherwise it would have be a Drive Through penalty.

Track limits violations - Race

F. Zerbetto - from 3 to 8 cuts - Drive Through
F. Grau - from 3 to 8 cuts - Drive Through
T. Lopes - from 3 to 8 cuts - Drive Through
A. Sancho - from 3 to 8 cuts - Drive Through
M. Pettenati - from 3 to 8 cuts - Drive Through
M. Saliba - from 3 to 8 cuts - Drive Through
M. Mazzetti - from 3 to 8 cuts - Drive Through
S. Guerrieri - 31 cuts - 30 sec S&G

S. Guerrieri TS 330 - The cut in this time stamp allowed him to overtake the opponent ahead, plus the overtake was made under yellow flag
S. Guerrieri TS 909 - The cut in this time stamp allowed him to overtake the opponent ahead.
Drive through for the two cuts/overtakes + Drive through for overtaking under yellow flag.

Feel free to contact an admin to know every time stamp for each cut

RACE

C. Magri - M. Pettenati TS 238 - Magri overtake Pettenati in T1, Pettenati is now forced to cut the chicane, so they go into T2 side by side. It's a dangerous situation and as the drivers should know, is not possible to take this turn too inside or too outside without braking or lifting the throttle. Magri didn't brake nor lift, Pettenati lift but he turn in too early, when Magri was clearly visible inside and ahead. Contact is made and both hit the wall.
C. Magri - 10s S&G
M. Pettenati - 20s S&G
Penalties are doubled as rules - incident in the first lap

T. Vaquero TS 235 - Too optimistic overtake attempt, Jenero leave enough space, but Vaquero didn't manage to hit the apex, making Jenero spin. Vaquero also spun. None of them lock the brakes, rolling backward in the middle of the track in a dangerous way.
Vaquero - 10s S&G
Vaquero - Warning for not locking the brakes and rolling backward
Jenero - Warning for not locking the brakes and rolling backward

T. Vaquero TS 245 - Vaquero try to rejoin the track in a blind spot and in a dangerous way, not paying attention to the coming car. This caused an huge crash forcing Kristow to a DNF. Drivers must always pay attention if a car is coming when rejoining the track, there is the positions bar in the hud, there are plenty of plugins with a track map etc. Drivers must pay attention to the yellow flags, also. 30s S&G

S. Boscarin TS 246 - Boscarin don't respect the yellow flag which is clearly shown, crashing heavily on the car stationary in the side of the track. 20s S&G

A. Sancho - F. Cerrato TS 456 - Cerrato try a clean overtake in T9, so they go side by side into T10, which is a dangerous spot to go side by side, as there is a wall right at the exit of the turn. There is no space for both, so Cerrato crash heavily in that wall. Sancho didn't put so much effort to allow Cerrato to safely exit the turn, apply the throttle a bit later and keep the steering turned a bit more could have allowed Cerrato to pass without risk, that's the reason of a Warning
Cerrato didn't take a good decision to go side by side in that turn, as already said, is clearly not the best spot to do so, that's also the reason of the warning for Sancho and not a full penalty.
Also, note for Cerrato: the TS in the incident report is wrong and the description is blank.

RECAP

A. Sancho reached 4 warnings, so a Drive Through is applied and warnings count back to 1.

K. Maj - Drive Through*
F. Zerbetto - Drive Through
F. Grau - Drive Through
T. Lopes - Drive Through
A. Sancho - Drive Through + Drive Through = 10s S&G
M. Pettenati - Drive Through + 20s S&G = 30s S&G
M. Saliba - Drive Through
M. Mazzetti - Drive Through
S. Guerrieri - 30s S&G + Drive Through + Drive Through = 50s S&G
C. Magri - 10s S&G
T. Vaquero - 30s S&G + 10s S&G = 40s S&G
S. Boscarin - 20 S&G

M. Carol 1 Warning*
P. Sassaroli 1 Warning*
F. Billo 1 Warning*
A. Brunini 1 Warning*
J. Fernandez 1 Warning*
C. Magri 1 Warning*
S. Guerrieri 1 Warning
T. Vaquero 2 Warning
A. Jenero 1 Warning
A. Sancho 1 Warning

*= from a previous race
Nice guys finish last

krusti
Amministratore

Post by krusti » 18/03/2019, 19:14

Round 10 Nordschleife

RACE

Nothing!

----------------

Let me now explain an issue occurred during the race.
I've spent a lot of hours trying to fix the bugged pitexit of that track, the pitexit object, the timing thing, is placed really far from the pitlane, and it's very hard for a driver to understand where is, the result is 100% a S&G for speeding in pitlane.
I managed to move that object at the end of the guardrail in the pitlane, where it should be, it was quite easy, but the issue occurred when trying to repack the mod, as i said, i spent a lot of hours trying to repack that with no luck, the track keept crashing while loading (while it worked good in devmode).
I made the last attempt in the morning of the race day, no luck again, i gave up and i decided to turn off the penalties in the server, to avoid these 100% S&G for speeding in pitlane.

The problem is, I forgot to mention it in the driver briefing....
The results was that some drivers were exiting the pitlane in very different ways from each other. I apologise for that, it was a my personal mistake.

Now, nevermind the 1-2 seconds gained or lost exiting the pitlane in different ways, the biggest issue was that 2 drive thorugh were not recognized by the game, because these 2 drivers didn't drive thorugh the pitexit object. Accordingly, their DT was faster and not fully served.

These 2 drivers are M. Saliba and M. Mazzetti. As result of that, RF2 added 25 seconds to them at the end of the race, but they served the DT, simply it wasn't a "full" DT, so these 25 seconds penalties has been manually deleted now.

Now, we take a fully served DT, form F. Zerbetto. His DT was 21 seconds long.
M. Saliba's DT was 19 seconds long
M. Mazzetti's DT was 15 seconds long

As result of that:
2 seconds has been added to M. Saliba race time
6 seconds has been added to M. Mazzetti race time

--------------------

FINAL RECAP

Some drivers didn't serve their penalties in the last race for different reasons, DNF, DNS etc.
As results of that:

K. Maj (Drive Through) - Nothing to add, the only race is a DNF so we can't add time.
F. Grau (Drive Through) - DNF at round 10, so 25 sec has been added to the total race time in Adelaide.
T. Lopes (Drive Through) - DNF at round 10, so 25 sec has been added to the total race time in Adelaide.
S. Guerrieri (50sec S&G) - DNS at round 10, so 75 sec has been added to the total race time in Adelaide.
C. Magri (10sec S&G) - DNS at round 10, DNF at round 9, DNF at round 8, so 35 sec has been added to the total race time in Spa.
S. Boscarin (20sec S&G) - DNF at round 10, so 45 sec has been added to the total race time in Adelaide.

----------

All the results are up to date, and so the final drivers & teams standings.
Nice guys finish last